Online Faculty Development Program
The Online Faculty Development Program is designed to provide faculty with the knowledge, tools, and resources to create and deliver high-quality online courses.
The LT&ITC, together with the Faculty Instructional Technology Center (FITC), and our campus’s manager of Distance Education Faculty Services, provides faculty with guidance about the online course proposal process, the training requirements, the creation and delivery of an online course, and opportunities to conduct Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) projects.
The LT&ITC offers individualized instructional design consultations to faculty members. Provided below are links to resources related to online course development at MTSU.
Getting Started: Online Course Development
- Online Faculty Services (list of online course development and instructional resources and tools)
- Development Resources (this page provides links to course development forms, resources, ADA compliance, copyright policies, and technology support)
- Instructional Resources
Faculty Services and Resources
- MTSU Embedded Librarian Program (information about the program for online courses and request form)
- LT&ITC YouTube Channel (archive of most Center workshops)
Course Development Templates
- Online Course Proposal Form (form used by faculty to propose a new online course)
- Online Course Syllabus Template (this template includes all the major elements that MTSU requires or recommends for syllabi)
- Online Course Development Peer Review Form (used for development, self-review, and peer and chair reviews of new or redesigned online courses)
Research, Assessment, and Dissemination
- MTSU Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Products (listing of SoTL publications from 2007-2014)
- MTSU Faculty Learning Communities (general FLC site, including information about our e-learning pedagogy and emerging technologies FLCs)