Future M.S.N. Students
More knowledge. More opportunities.
Take the lead in patient care as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP).
The flexible Master of Science in Nursing program at MTSU is designed to help you advance your skills without interrupting your career. The School of Nursing also offers a program for nurses who have an M.S.N. and want to add a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certificate.
Coursework is completed online, except for clinical rotations. Two programs of study are available for the FNP and PMHNP concentrations, and one for the PMHNP Post Master's Certificate.
Family Nurse Practitioner Programs of Study
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Programs of Study
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Program of Study Post Master's Certificate
These programs provide the educational preparation to sit for the certification examinations to become an Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP).
- Tennessee resident
- License to practice as an RN in Tennessee
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing with a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Successful completion of undergraduate statistics class
Apply by Oct. 1 for Spring admission or by April 1 for Fall admission.
- Find details of the M.S.N. application process and requirements here.
- Take a closer look at MTSU's M.S.N. program.
- Click here for more information on MTSU's College of Graduate Studies.