Requesting Documents and Assistance from MTSU International Affairs

F-1 visa holders must be diligent about maintaining status and keeping their documents in order. The DSOs in the Office of International Undergraduate Admissions are available to help you process your immigration forms and documents as working with federal government agencies can be very complicated and time-consuming. It is important that you do not rely on information that you pick up from friends and other students because circumstances may vary from one student to another and regulations are sometimes in flux. A DSO must work within the federal immigration laws and when making a request please make sure you allow plenty of time for your request to be processed. Have your documents, such as your passport, I-94 card, I-20 or DS-2019 with you when you come to the office on an immigration matter.

Letter Request

Students may request letters that verify good standing such as those needed for scholarships, sponsorships, or invitation letters for family members to attend graduation. These requests should be submitted via email to In your email, please indicate the purpose of your letter, scholarship, or invitation. For invitation letters, please include the full name, birthdate, country of citizenship, country of birth, and dates of travel for the person you are inviting.  Prior to making your request, please make sure you have no holds on your account and that all fees and fines are paid in full.

I-20 Request

Current students can request an I-20 for use by a dependent spouse or child for F-2 status, whether by change of status within the US or for entry from abroad, by submitting a request to You must submit proof of relationship, birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc. and proof of financial support.

Students who have had their I-20 lost, stolen, or damaged can request a reprinted I-20. You will need to provide detailed information with your emailed request for the reprinted I-20.

MTSU Transcript Request

All requests for MTSU transcripts must be made at the MT One Stop, located in the Student Services and Admission Center, located near the Rec Center and Student Union.


Facebook Logo   Instagram Logo   LinkedIn Icon   YouTube Logo

Upcoming Events

International Voices of MTSU

International Voices of MTSU