D. Ed Moody, Jr.
- Second Lieutenant veteran of the U. S. Army during World War II from 1942-1946.
Mr. Moody received battlefield commission in the Philippines, Served in the mainland of Japan for five months. He received numerous awards including the Bronze Star and several liberation medals. During the war, he saved his money and came to Franklin with his brother, the late Tom Moody, to start Moody’s Tire Store. Member of First Baptist Church, now known as The People’s Church since 1948; served as usher for over 30 years; served as Deacon and is Elder Emeritus; served as Sunday School Superintendent; Chairman of Trustees and served on the church’s Growth Task Force. Member of Franklin Noon Rotary Club since 1952; recipient of the Paul Harris Fellow; involved with Franklin Rotary Rodeo since 1954; served as Club President in 1959 and perfect attendance with Rotary for 60 years. Former Board of Director with Williamson County Chamber of Commerce, Trustee for Williamson County Hospital, Baptist Hospital, Baptist Healing Trust; Board member of the former Harpeth National Bank and Franklin National Bank; board member of the Boys and Girls Club. He received the Distinguished Citizen Award from Williamson Christian College. Devoted husband, father, grandfather and friend to many that knew and loved him.