University College Student Complaints and Grievances

MTSU's University college supports students taking dual enrollment, online, and off-campus courses or students who are being advised by University College advisers. For issues not dealing with these areas, please submit your complaint to the official student complaints and grievances page.

University College wants to ensure all students have a positive educational experience, are treated fairly and courteously by University College personnel, and are provided an outlet to address conditions and circumstances that concern them.

For more resources for handling issues and complaints visit University Policies, Catalogs, or the Student Handbook.

Complaint Resolution Policies and Procedures for Non-Tennessee Resident Students in State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement States, commonly known as SARA

Student complaints relating to consumer protection laws that involve distance learning education offered under the terms and conditions of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), must first be filed with the institution to seek resolution.

SARA consumer protection provisions require the Institution’s Home State, through its SARA Portal Entity, to investigate and resolve allegations of dishonest or fraudulent activity by the state’s SARA-participating institutions, including the provision of false or misleading information.

The student should begin the complaint process with the institution and if resolution is not found, the student would contact the Institution’s Home State SARA Portal Entity. 

Complainants not satisfied with the outcome of the Institution’s internal process may appeal, within two years of the incident about which the complaint is made, to the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.

For purposes of this process, a complaint shall be defined as a formal assertion in writing that the terms of SARA or the laws, standards or regulations incorporated by the SARA Policies and Standards have been violated by the institution operating under the terms of SARA.

For a list of SARA member States, please visit the NC-SARA website. Students residing in non-SARA states should consult their respective State of residence for further instruction for filing a complaint. More information about the student complaint process can be found here. 



Please explain the nature of your issue here