Career Events for Students
Career Development Center Events
- “Wait, we have a Career Development Center?” - Session 1: Thursday, September 2, 2021 | 11:15-11:45 am | Zoom (link in registration)
- “Wait, we have a Career Development Center?” - Session 2: Friday, October 15, 2021 | 10:15-10:45 am | Zoom (link in registration)
Introduction and Q & A with members of the MTSU Career Advising team. Learn about the free services for all students and alumni like job search strategies, career exploration, networking events, and resume/cover letter/grad school application prep! Presented by MTSU Career Development Center Staff. Session 1 Registration | Session 2 Registration
- True Blue You: Virtual Escape Game - Tuesday, September 21, 2021 | 2:30-3:30pm | Zoom (link in registration)
Save Lightning! Lend your unique skills in a team effort (randomly chosen) through puzzles and obstacles in our virtual escape game. This fun experience will provide new connections, confidence, and awareness of the special talents you possess…that employers value! Swag bags avail after event in the Career Development Center (KUC 328). Presented by MTSU Career Development Center and MT Engage. Register for free in Handshake!
- Job Searching 101 & a Recruiter’s Perspective - Wednesday, November 17, 2021 | 3:00-4:00pm | Zoom (link in registration)
Whether you are still looking for a job for after you graduate or know you will need one in the future; this event is for you! Hear directly from the Career Development Center and local recruiters about how to strategically land that job. Presented by Career Development Center Staff. Register for free in Handshake!
- Meet the Firms - Thursday, September 9, 2021 | 5-7pm | Student Union Ballroom
- Engineering Technology Fair - Thursday, September 23, 2021 | 2-5pm | James Union Building Tennessee Room
- Concrete & Construction Management Fair - Wednesday October 6, 2021 | 1-4pm | Student Union Ballroom
- Risk Management & Insurance Career Fair - Thursday, October 28, 2021 | 2-5pm | BAS Southside Lobby
Career Fair Tips for Students
The Career Development Center can help you prepare for events with employers. We have several infographics along with workshops that will set you up for success. We also invite you to schedule a meeting with your career advisor for individual career fair coaching!
- Dress for Success
- Elevator Pitch
- Career Fair Do's and Don'ts
- How to Introduce Yourself to Employers
- Career Fair ABCs
View Handshake's comprehensive guide on how to sign up for meetings with employers, test your technology, and tips on virtual fair etiquette.
Employers will post open positions and meeting schedules. You can register for a group session to hear employer opportunities, and also 1:1 appointments for a personal meeting.
- Review our Resume Guide & submit your draft to firstname.lastname@example.org for revisions.
- Complete your Handshake profile and periodically review registered employers and schedule sessions.
- Log-in to Big Interview and practice your interviewing skills.
- Prior to the event, test your webcam and audio to ensure all is working (use Chrome or Firefox).
- Find a job and internship in your field!