Medical School Early Acceptance Program (MSEAP)
The College of Basic and Applied Sciences (CBAS) is excited to partner with Meharry Medical College School of Medicine (MMCSOM) by offering the Medical School Early Acceptance Program (MSEAP). The purpose of the program is to increase the number of primary care physicians serving medically underserved populations as well as alleviating health care disparities in rural Tennessee. MSEAP is a seven-year early medical acceptance program restricted to incoming freshmen that begins with acceptance into the program as an undergraduate at MTSU and concludes with graduation from Meharry Medical College. At the conclusion of the program students will earn a Bachelor of Science from MTSU and a Doctor of Medicine from Meharry. Participants must be Tennessee residents, have scored a 28 or higher on the ACT (or SAT equivalent), and earned a 3.5 or higher in their high school course work. The program consists of three years of study in a prescribed undergraduate premedical school curriculum and four years of medical school study. A three year Residency in Primary Care in a rural/underserved area of Tennessee along with a three year post-residency commitment is also required. Upon matriculation into MSEAP students receive conditional acceptance to MMCSOM.
Follow the steps below if you wish to apply to the program to begin in Fall 2025:
- APPLY TO MTSU: An M-number will be assigned to you after the application is submitted. You must
be accepted to MTSU prior to December 1, 2024 to be considered for the MSEAP Program.
Please direct general MTSU admissions questions to email@example.com or 615-898-2111.
- CREATE YOUR PIPELINEMT ACCOUNT: Once you have applied to MTSU, you will receive your M-number. You will need an
M-number to create your PipelineMT account.
To create your PipelineMT account go to https://mtsu.edu/changepw and follow the prompts to create a password.
If you have applied to MTSU and have not received your M-number by mail, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name (first, middle, last), date of birth and home address. Do not include your SSN in the email.
- Visit the MTMail FAQ page for common questions, instructions on how to set up a mobile device, and more.
- COMPLETE THE MSEAP APPLICATION - Please check back in August 2024 for the application
for students starting in Fall 2025.
- Once you receive your M-number, complete the the MSEAP Application.
- Resume: Prepare a resume listing activities, interests, and accomplishments in high school (visit the Career Center for assistance if necessary).
- Essay: In an essay of no more than 500 words tell the Meharry/MTSU Admission Committee why you are interested in an accelerated medical program and how becoming a rural physician fits into your personal and professional goals. Describe how your background experiences and future goals make you uniquely qualified to work with underserved patients.
- Recommendation Letters: Please supply the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three people who will provide letters of recommendation in support of your application to this program. Please have letters sent to the address on the application.
If you have any additional questions or need more information, email EricB.Miller@mtsu.edu.
Eric B. Miller, Advising Manager and MSEAP Site Coordinator
College of Basic and Applied Sciences