Admission and AP Credit


To be admitted to the University Honors College as an entering freshman, a student must have a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher, and an ACT composite score of 25 or greater (SAT equal to or greater than 1200). There is no essay to write or separate admission form to complete (with the exception of the Buchanan Fellowship). Transfer students or established MTSU students who have completed at least 12 semester hours are eligible to enroll in Honors courses provided that their cumulative GPA is greater than or equal to 3.25. Eligible students are encouraged to enroll in Honors courses even though they may not plan to graduate from the University Honors College.

Application for AP/CEEB Credit toward UHC Graduation

A score of four or five on Advanced Placement/College Entrance Examination Board (AP/CEEB) exams may be used to reduce the Honors College graduation requirement of 29 hours. Students can defray a maximum of nine (9) hours of the 18-hour Honors lower-division coursework with AP/CEEB credit. In order to apply AP/CEEB credit, the student must meet with his or her Honors College advisor.

College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) | Advanced Placement (AP) Program
MTSU Online Catalog


MTSU Honors College logo

Follow Us!

Facebook Icon