Faculty Travel Grant
- Faculty travel grants fund opportunities such as training, workshops, or other experiences that provide professional development within a faculty member's discipline.
- Faculty travel grants do not provide funding for release/reassigned time, faculty stipends, or student support. They do not fund equipment, supplies, or materials.
- Faculty travels grants support training, certification, and other opportunities for professional learning. Such an award may fund conference travel if the faculty member plans to attend the conference for workshops or trainings or to receive certifications.
- Preference is given to applicants who have not received Faculty Travel Grant funding within the past two years.
The Faculty Travel Grants Committee will accept grant applications with the following deadlines until all funds are spent:
- September 13, 2019 (12:00 p.m.)
- October 11, 2019 (12:00 p.m.)
- February 7, 2020 (12:00 p.m.)
- March 6, 2020 (12:00 p.m.)
To secure an early-bird rate to attend a conference before being approved for travel funding, faculty members may use their own credit card. If this is the case, applicants should be clear in the application that they are applying for both travel funds and for a personal reimbursement. The Provost's Office will not reimburse the cost of early-bird registration if a travel grant is not awarded.
To receive grant funds, the applicant must be a tenured or tenure-track full-time teaching faculty member. Preference will be given to applicants who have not received support from this committee within the past two years. Grants awarded last year averaged $1,391.00, and most successful grants included departmental contributions or matching funds. Travel requests must abide by University policies.
At the completion of the project, grantees must submit a final report to the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs (Cheryl.Torsney@mtsu.edu) and indicate whether any funds remain in the account.
If the funded project results in publication, grantees must acknowledge Faculty Travel Grant Program support in the publication as follows: “Financial support was provided by the Faculty Travel Grant Committee of Middle Tennessee State University.”
For more information, please contact Darlene Fults in the Office of the University Provost at 615-898-2881.