Undergraduate Curriculum Changes

MTSU uses the curriculum management system Curriculog. Curriculog allows for the completion and submission of all curriculum proposals, the development of curriculum meeting agendas, and the review and approval of the curriculum committees and administrators. Classes on using Curriculog are offered periodically throughout the fall semester; classes are offered as needed during the spring semester.

MTSU faculty and staff log in by using FSA user name with @mtsu.edu (jdoe@mtsu.edu) and FSA password. For assistance with Curriculog or proposals, please contact Mitzi Brandon.


Curriculum Changes Which DO Require Undergraduate Curriculum Committee Action

  • New courses - Use New Course/Course Reactivation form in Curriculog
  • Course changes - Use Course Change form in Curriculog (includes course titles, credit hours, numbers, repeats, etc.)
  • Course Discontinuation - Use Course Discontinuation form in Curriculog
  • New programs - Use New Academic Program/Program Reactivation Form in Curriculog (includes the establishment of new academic degree programs, new majors, and new concentrations).
  • Program changes - Use Program Change form in Curriculog (includes minor modifications in the existing program, e.g., changing the number of hours required in the core, adding or deleting one course from the core, adding or deleting elective courses, adding or closing a delivery method, etc.)
  • Request to reactivate a course - Use the New Course/Course Reactivation form in Curriculog
  • Request to change admission, retention, progression, or graduation policy requirements - Use Program Change form in Curriculog

Curriculum Changes Which DO NOT Require Undergraduate Curriculum Committee Action

Minor changes in curriculum may be made at the departmental level and do not require action by the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee. Submit the following through Curriculog using the Prerequisite and Other Miscellaneous Changes Form:

  • Prerequisites/restrictions for existing courses
  • Grading system
  • Schedule type
  • Instructional method

NOTE: Course descriptions that do not involve substantial changes in the course content do not require approval and should be sent to the curriculum specialist.

See General Education/True Blue Core for further information about General Education changes.


THEC Forms

Online Courses