MTSU Planning Committee
Committee Classification: Special Purpose.
Charge: Advise and assist the President in developing effective plans that will help the University carry out its mission.
Report Recipients: President; standard summary reporting.
Nomination: By college.
Membership: One (1) faculty member from each of the following: College of Basic and Applied Sciences, College of Behavioral and Health Sciences, College of Education, College of Liberal Arts, College of Media and Entertainment, James E. Walker Library, Jones College of Business, and University College. One (1) of the faculty representatives will be a department chair, and one (1) will have graduate faculty status; the President of the Faculty Senate, one (1) Dean, a representative from each Division, the Student Government Association President, a graduate student, and the President of the MTSU Alumni Association or designated alumnus. Faculty members must have completed three (3) consecutive years of service at MTSU; members serve a three (3)-year term.
(1) The committee should be concerned with setting University objectives and priorities that:
(a) assure the identification and assessment of educational outcomes and outcomes, for administrative and educational support services;
(b) assure continuous improvements in outcomes;
(c) identify relevant challenges, opportunities, and problems;
(d) develop immediate and long-range plans for allocation and effective use of human, financial, and physical resources;
(e) consider and recommend action on all issues affecting the organization of academic units, partnerships, centers, departments, schools, and colleges;
(f) monitor the University's performance in achieving its goals.
(2) The following serve as ex-officio members: Vice Presidents, Vice Provosts, Academic Deans, Associate Vice Provost for Admissions and Enrollment Services, the Assistant Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, and Research.
(3) The Provost should serve as chair.
- November 9, 2018
- August 16, 2018
- October 13, 2017
- February 23, 2017
- October 31, 2016
- January 27, 2016
- October 16, 2015
- February 11, 2015
- September 24, 2014
- April 9, 2014
- September 25, 2013
- April 25, 2013
- December 5, 2012
- February 1, 2012
- September 7, 2011
- April 6, 2011
- November 1, 2010
- September 14, 2010
- November 16, 2009
- February 20, 2009
- August 18, 2017 agenda and minutes
- September 8, 2017 agenda and minutes
- October 5, 2017 agenda and minutes for University Planning Committee
- October 13, 2017 draft
- October 25, 2017 draft
- November 17, 2017 agenda and draft
- February 27, 2018 Review by MTSU Board of Trustees Committee
- Institutional Effectiveness Planning Cycle Linked to Budget
- Institutional Effectiveness Achievement Reports (IEAR) Annual Timeline
- University Planning Calendar
- THEC Quality Assurance Funding
- Planning Goal Integration Chart 2015-2020
- Mission Revision Timeline
- THEC Data for Institutional Mission Profile Review
- THEC Institutional Mission Profiles, May 2017